What is an Estoppel Letter?
An estoppel letter is a legal document provided by the seller’s Homeowner’s or Condominium Owner’s Association, outlining the current owner’s financial standing, past due balances, current fees due and all future special assessments due. This letter will also have additional information regarding the association.
How do I register an account?
If you click on the “Register” button on the page header you will be directed to our registration pages. From there, you need to follow the three simple steps and your account will be registered with Estoppels.com
I received a request for payment via email. What is this?
The title agent working on your closing has requested that you pay for this necessary document for your closing up front. If you navigate to the link that was sent to your email, you can pay for this document by following the steps.
How do I request an Estoppel?
To place an order from the estoppels.com homepage start by adding an address and our system will automatically provide you with a list of availble addresses to choose from and select.
Next we will present you with a google map of your selected property to verify the information and select the product(s) for your order.
From there we will need your information as the requester along with credit card payment information. By default you will be charged the standard 10 business day fee. If you need to upgrade your order to a 3 busness day rush be sure to select that option before completeing your payment.
Finally you will need to enter the closing date and owner and buyer information. Once you click the “start my order ” button an email notifcation will be sent to the management company to notify then of your order request. You will also receive a payment confirmation email for your order.
Will my credit card information be confidential and protected?
Estoppels.com takes you and your client’s privacy very seriously. Payments can be made safely and securely online with a credit card through our platform.
I dont see the document I need to request for my closing?
Please contact the homeowner’s association or respective management company for any documents you can not order through our platform.
How long does it take for me to receive my order?
Florida State allows a maximum of 10 days to process the Estoppel letter for a fee of no more than $299. If this Estoppel is needed in a shorter period, there is an option to rush it for an additional $119. Please be advised, if the account is delinquent, the association has the right to charge an additional $179 for the Estoppel. The maximum amount for an estoppel is $597.00 (Rush+Delinquency fee). Please be advised our processing time is 24 hours before making the request.
How do I track my order?
You may navigate to the top of the page and select “Track Order”. From there you will be prompted to search by your property address or tracking number. Once that is placed, please follow the options to see the status of your Estoppel.
What are the convenience fees?
The convenience fee charged by Estoppels.com covers the cost of the processing credit and debit card payments. This does not represent the cost of the estoppel. Convenience fees are non-refundable fees that will be charged per transaction.
Capitalized terms contained in this policy shall have the meaning defined in the Terms of Service Agreement posted on the Site, unless otherwise defined herein.
This Policy may be amended at any time, and the most current policy will be available electronically at estoppels.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this Policy.
We collect information related to and gathered from Users’ Site activity, and information provided by Users, which may include information relating to third parties provided by Users (“Information”). This could include, but is not limited to IP address and standard web usage (ie. browser type, pages visited while on our site), first and last names, email addresses, shipping/billing addresses, social security numbers, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, date of birth, and phone numbers.
Estoppels.com collects, uses and stores Information:
(i) To process orders and provide the services offered through the Site
(ii) To notify Users about updates relating to orders and/or Our services and/or Our policies
(iii) To provide information, products or services that are requested by the User
(iv) To provide information regarding potential products and services that may be of interest to the recipient of such information; if such information is provided electronically, the recipient will have the option to opt out of similar future correspondence
(v) To process payments in accordance with the Terms of Service Agreement provided on the Site
We may disclose Information to third parties in furtherance of the provision of specific services that have been ordered, which may include but is not limited to transmitting Information (including non-public private information (“NPPI”) of Users or third parties), to process requested credit checks, association approvals, and payments. Additionally, We may disclose Information (i) to any of Our affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or similarly related entities, (ii) in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of any part or all of Our ownership interest or assets, and/or (iii) to comply with any legal obligation.
Should we choose to share aggregated data or statistical information with any third party, such information may include names, email addresses and physical addresses, but otherwise will not contain any personal information related to an individual’s or entity’s bank account, credit cards, social security numbers, or date of birth.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site contains links to other sites, which primarily are used to complete requested background checks or process payments. We are not affiliated with these parties, do not endorse or refer them, and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage You to be aware when You leave Our site and to read the privacy and security statements and terms or conditions of use of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We store and process Information on our servers located in the United States, and adhere to industry-accepted security standards. All Information is encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layering) software before being transmitted.
Your banking and credit card information is never stored on the Site. Personal Information required to process requested background checks or similar requested approvals is deleted, except for the last four (4) digits of provided social security numbers.
The Site is an internet-based program, and while We take security precautions to protect the Site and Information, We are not responsible for uninterrupted, error-free use of the Site. The internet is not a secure network and third parties may be able to intercept, access, use or corrupt the information You transmit over the internet. We are not responsible for transmission errors, or corruption, interception or security of Your data. You are responsible for ensuring that Your hardware and software is compatible with use of the Site.
Terms of Service
TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Terms of Service Agreement (“TOS”) is entered into between users (each, a “User” and also referred to as “You” and “Your,” and including any party which accesses the Site as defined herein, regardless of whether such user has created a registered account, and if so, then with or without that user’s knowledge) of the website Estoppels.com and any of its related websites, forms, services, content, tools, information, communications, software, content, and features (collectively, the “Site”) and PropLogix, LLC d/b/a Estoppels.com (“Estoppels.com” and also referred to as “We” “Us” and “Our”). This TOS sets forth the terms and conditions under which You may use the Site. By using the Site, You agree to be bound by this TOS. This Agreement includes any notices which may be posted on the Site.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS TOS, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THE SITE.
1. Purpose. This site is intended to facilitate the transmission of information related to associations governing real estate, including but not limited to estoppel letters, resale certificates, and similar documentation (“Documents”) typically provided by homeowners’ associations or condominium owners’ associations or similar organizations or their associated management companies (“Associations”). The Site is intended for use within the United States of America.
2. Registration. Users may be required to register to access and use the Site. You agree that all registration information You provide is complete and accurate, will be updated as needed to maintain completeness and accuracy, and that You are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Where terms apply solely to Users affiliated with an Association, such Users shall be hereinafter referred to as “Association Users” and where terms apply solely to Users ordering Documents, the same shall hereinafter be referred to as “Recipient Users.”
3. Modification. We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion and without notice, to make changes to, suspend, or terminate the Site in whole or in part at any time. We may, in Our sole discretion, make changes to this TOS at any time, effective upon being posted to the Site. By continuing to use the Site after any changes to this TOS, You accept and agree to such changes. Users have no authority to make any change or modification to this TOS and any terms varying from this TOS in any written or electronic communication from You are void.
4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS, AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, CONTINUITY, PERFORMANCE, QUALITY OR ACCURACY, OR THOSE WHICH MAY ARISE BY COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF TRADE. WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO ANY PARTY, INCLUDING ANY USER, FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR LOSS OF INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITY, EXPENSES OR COSTS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY PARTY’S USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SITE OR THIS TOS, OR ANY ERROR, OMISSION OR FAULT RELATED TO THE SAME, OR THE ACTIONS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY VENDOR OR THIRD PARTIES USED OR REFERRED BY US IN FURTHERANCE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES CONTEMPLATED HEREIN. THE FOREGOING APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES OR LOSS AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
5. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify and hold Us (including Our officers, directors, representatives, agents, and affiliates) harmless from and against all liabilities, damages, claims, losses and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, related to or arising from Your use of the Site or violation of the TOS, including but not limited to (i) any of Your communications transmitted in any way by, through or from the Site, (ii) Your negligent acts, errors, or omissions, (iii) injuries to or the death of any person, and any damage to or loss of property, (iv) claims of infringement of any intellectual property rights, and (v) any harmful code, malware, corruption, virus, worm, or Trojan Horse transmitted to the Site. You agree that We have special and unique rights in this TOS and the Site, and that a breach of this TOS may not be adequately compensated by money damages, and that We have the right to specifically enforce (including, where appropriate, pursuing injunctive relief) this TOS, and that specific enforcement shall not limit any other rights or remedies to which We may otherwise be entitled.
6. REPRESENTATIONS. You represent that You are at least eighteen (18) years of age and all information You provide on the Site is complete and accurate. You represent that You will remain responsible for (i) using the Site only in accordance with the Purpose stated above in Section 1, (ii) maintaining minimum system requirements which may apply to the use of the Site, (iii) management of Your data, including any backup, storage or restoration management, (iv) maintaining security measures to protect Your registration and access information, (v) compliance with any and all applicable international, federal, and/or state laws, statutes, rules, regulations, and similar authority, (vi) providing information, whether it be Your information or the information of a third party, which You are authorized to furnish and which You understand may be transmitted to other third parties in furtherance of the services contemplated herein, (vii) acting in an unoffensive, appropriate and reasonable manner with regard to interactions with Us and any parties utilizing the Site, the violation of which, in Our sole discretion, may result in immediate termination of Your registration and access to the Site.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. We own any and all right, title and interest in and to all software, programs, API, documentation, databases, development tools, know-how, methodologies, processes, data, media (including but not limited to any and all photographs and images contained therein), information, content and technologies, and all present and future worldwide copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, patent applications, moral rights, contract rights, and other proprietary rights thereof, and improvements or modifications to any of the foregoing items, related to the Site (the “Intellectual Property”). We grant no rights to any User or any other individual or entity in the Intellectual Property, and grant Users only the limited right to use the Site pursuant to the terms contained here, which right We may, in Our sole discretion terminate at any time without notice. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this TOS. No User is permitted to reverse engineer, reverse compile, disassemble, reproduce, copy, duplicate, sell, distribute or otherwise translate, use, or manipulate the Intellectual Property or any other information contained on the Site.
a. Background Check Vendors. We offer coordination through the Site with third party vendors to perform requested background checks and may need to acquire confidential non-public personal information to submit and process such request. We do not store any social security numbers provided, except for the last four (4) digits. We make no representations as to the quality, reliability, accuracy, policies, procedures and security measures undertaken by such vendor and You undertake all risk associated with background checks submitted through the Site.
b. Credit Card Vendors. We utilize a third party vendor to process credit card payments. Processing fees for credit card use may, in the discretion of the Association User, either be deducted from the fee We collect from the Association User or added to the corresponding Recipient User payment. We do not have visibility nor access to any credit card information provided by Users. We make no representations as to the quality, reliability, accuracy, policies, procedures and security measures undertaken by such vendor and You undertake all risk associated with credit card payments processed through the Site.
9. PAYMENT PROCESSING. We provide the ability for Recipient Users to submit payments via the Site and other means of payment will be permitted in Our sole discretion. Association Users must provide bank account information for the purpose of making deposits of funds related to the processing of orders and making withdrawals of funds only in an authorized amount upon specific approval from the Association User; such bank account information shall be accessed through a third party financial systems administrator and We shall facilitate transmissions via secure token methodology. We charge a per-order processing fee for Documents pertaining to one (1) real estate property (each identified by a single address) ordered through the Site. For clarity, if multiple Associations govern a single real estate property, Documents furnished by each Association for such property shall constitute separate orders. Based upon User-selected payment options, We may pre-authorize certain credit card fees or charge Our processing fee separately from later-incurred Association fees.
10. CANCELLATIONS. In the event that an order for Documents is cancelled or refund for Documents requested, Our fee and any associated credit card processing fees shall not in any manner be reimbursed, refunded, or returned. The Site may be used to facilitate communication and document transmission between the Association User and Recipient User to coordinate a potential refund; We shall not be responsible for or involved in the refund process.
11. LEGAL COMPLIANCE. Association Users hereby acknowledge and understand that there may be international, federal, and/or state laws, statutes, rules, regulations, and similar authority which governs Associations’ obligations with respect to furnishing Documents, specifically with regard to deadlines to deliver Documents, form and content of the Documents, and fees which may be charged for the preparation of Documents. It is the responsibility of Association Users to ensure compliance with the same. We shall not provide legal advice or guidance, and do not represent that any tool, content, or information provided or offered on the Site meets any legal obligation with which an Association User is required to comply.
12. BRAND USAGE. You hereby agree that You will not use the name, including registered and fictitious names, trademarks, branding, logos, etc. of Estoppels.com in any manner or for any purpose, nor will You in any way remove, alter, modify, or reformat, any branding or logos of Estoppels.com which appears on any of the Documents or information transmitted via the Site, nor will You resell, redistribute, bundle and/or repackage any of the Documents or information transmitted via the Site. We may utilize Your branding, trademarks, and logos only with Your prior written authorization.
13. GENERAL PROVISIONS.
a. NO RELATIONSHIP. User and Estoppels.com are independent parties. This TOS does not create an agency, representative, broker, employee, partner, joint venture, franchise, or any other similar relationship between the parties.
b. NOTICES. Notices shall be provided to Estoppels.com at: Estoppels.com, Attention: Legal Department, 1651 Whitfield Ave., Ste. 101, Sarasota, FL 34243, or to such other address as may be designated from time to time. Notices shall be provided to User at the address provided in the User’s registration information. All notices must be in writing, sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, and shall be deemed delivered the date it is received at the recipient’s address.
c. SEVERABILITY. All of the terms and provisions contained in this TOS are severable and, in the event that any portion or provision of this TOS shall to any extent be deemed unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of this TOS, or the application of such portion or provision in circumstances other than those as to which it is so declared unenforceable or invalid, shall not be affected thereby, and each portion and provision of this TOS shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
d. CHOICE OF LAW. This TOS shall be governed, construed and interpreted by and in accordance with the laws of Florida, without reference to its principles of conflicts of laws. Any actions concerning enforcement of this TOS or in any way relating to the subject matter of this TOS shall be litigated only in Manatee County, Florida or the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, as applicable. User expressly agrees to submit to such jurisdiction and venue for the purposes of this TOS.
e. ATTORNEY’S FEES. Should either party to this TOS seek to resolve a dispute under this TOS by litigation, arbitration or other alternative dispute procedures, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, including appellate fees and expenses, incurred with enforcing such party’s rights under this TOS.
f. ASSIGNMENT. We may assign Our rights under this TOS without the consent of or prior notice to User in the event that We effect a reorganization, consolidate with or merge into any other corporation, partnership, organization or other entity, or transfer all or substantially all of Our assets, stock or ownership interest to any other corporation, partnership, organization or other entity.
g. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES. No other person or party shall be a beneficiary hereof or have any rights hereunder, and no rights are conferred by this TOS upon any other person or party.
h. WAIVER. Our waiver or failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this TOS, or any course of performance or dealing, will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
i. SECTION HEADINGS. Section headings contained in this TOS are for convenience only and shall in no manner be construed as part of this TOS.
l. QUESTIONS. Any questions regarding this TOS may be directed to Us at email@example.com.
END OF TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT